Monday, July 14, 2008

Growing Pains



Today I was commenting on another Christian brother's blog post in which he shared his frustration and discouragement of not knowing where he "fit in". I decided my response would be worthy of posting on my own blog. So here you are --

Well my little Brother in Christ... you are Growing UP!!

All of us are born into this world with that big vacancy that only God can fill. We ALL try to fill it with substitutes from time to time... even AFTER we're "saved". That's our sinful human nature. Pride wants us to take the credit for solving all the problems, wielding all the power, and controlling all that there is to control.

What you have been, and are now, experiencing is called growing pains. I am NOT attempting to minimize the pain and frustration that you've been enduring. Rather, I am just trying to congratulate you for your acknowledging it.

As good ol' Dr. Phil says, "you can't change what you don't acknowledge." However, there is a more dependable source than even the smart doctor: the Holy Scriptures state that "fear is the beginning of understanding".

Let's face it, one of our greatest trials can be fear. Fears often cause us to get off-balance, and then before we regain our composure something ELSE comes along. We get HAMMERED by fear.

I believe that Satan feeds on our fears. That little Devil gains great joy when we beat ourselves up. "Why do I keep doing things wrong? Why doesn't anybody want to BE with me? Why am I such a problem? What good am I doing? Maybe they'd be better off without me. Maybe I'll just stay home. I wouldn't have had any fun anyway. . .

Soon, we can find ourselves isolated, lonely, and depressed. That is far from God's plan for us to be: connected and involved with people, and living lives full of blessings and victory over trials and problems. Fruits of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness, gentleness and self-control... that's what God wants for us. And He provides the means if we just look to Him as the source.

And then there's the concern of those of us who are "people pleasers". "What are THEY going to THINK?" "They're going to be: mad at me, disappointed, hurt... They'll think I'm ugly, nerdy, goofy, stupid, a fool, a burden..."

Do you see it? The way Satan gets us to focus on ME. If he can convince me to focus on myself and how terrible I am; then he will succeed in keeping me from doing the very thing I am here for. I am here to show God's love to others and to allow God's love to come to me through others. When the love of God is allowed to flow through and to me... then and only then do I get to feel the joy of purpose.

That is how I can be joyful even during times of trouble. Jesus promised a helper. He NEVER lies. The Holy Spirit ministers to me through other people. And I am allowed to minister to others in the same way. See 2 Cor.1:3-7 :D

"Perfect love casts out fear," so to obtain "the peace that passes understanding" allow yourself to turn to the comfort found in His Holy Word. By examining the truths that God reveals; we are better equipped to recognize the lies that try to present themselves as truths.

I started out with this being an encouragement to a brother. But as much as I have seen Satan's handiwork in action lately.. I think I'm going to actually blog this as well.

In the meantime, Brother, I hope that you will be strengthened as you focus on calling the "stinkin' thinkin'
flat=out lies! God said that you are His adopted child and there is nothing that anyone can do to take you from His hand.

God's Word is TRUTH and it says in Romans 8 -- "(38) For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, nor heavenly rulers, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, (39) neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

And WHEN (not IF) I get beaten up on the Battlefield of the Mind, I must quit going on the offense and take a defensive stance. All I have to do is get behind that Shield that God has given to me... the battle is the Lord's and He is my Deliverer. So sometimes I just need to acknowledge that I NEED Him. Then I just need to fully rely on Him, having faith that He is control of it all. . . that His way is the Best way.

Psalm 119:114 --"You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your Word."

In closing, I would just like to:
Exalt the Savior - He is in control
Equip the Saints - Study His words to fight lies with truth
Edify the Body - remember You are not alone
Examine myself - this advice for you is also reminder for me
Evangelize - let's press on and share what we learn : )

With love, Ellen5e

No comments:

Livestream

Watch live streaming video from keynoteconnection at livestream.com

Billy Graham Early Years Message

Just How Big Small Can Be - By 1000 Generations

Power of Prayer with Coach Dungy

Indianapolis Video

Caring for Baby Bunnies

Caring for Bunnies 2

Caring for Bunnies 3