Monday, March 16, 2009

What's Your Favorite Color?


The question of the week from a friend is
"what does your favorite color say about you?" My answer is PURPLE. That is my favorite color. A deep royal purple along with a vibrant fuschia are my very favorite colors.

I don't know what it really says about me. I know that many people feel that purple is the color of royalty, but I don't consider myself to be especially aristocratic or even comfortable with snobbery.

I do think it is interesting that purple is made from the combination of red and blue. Ever since I can remember I have been artistically interested in the way in which colors are made. Red is a hot color and blue a cool one, so if you mix the two you get this lovely "I can be both! " That is one way of looking at it I suppose.

Purple is found in grapes, beautiful mountain scenery, and the crocus flowers which emerge from the still falling snow to testify to the promise that Spring is not far away. Amathyst is a purple stone that is assigned to my February birth month. A deep purple velvet shows off sparkling jewelry like brilliant stars against a God's velvety night sky. Purple can be soothing like lavender or bold like a banner.

Yes, purple is my favorite color and I think it says that I am flexible. Neither the hot-tempered demanding red, or apathetic cold blue... I am understanding and approachable; a caring, passionate purple : )

How's that for an answer JoJo? If you are reading this, will you please comment on what is your favorite color and what does it say about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Ellen my favorite color is black, always has been. (Please don't say it is a phase!) What that say about me I don't know. Your question sent me on a quest through the wide wide web to see if it would give me answers on what my color said about me.

The first site I saw told me: The color black is often associated with power and sophistication and is often chosen for business wear, such as suits. Black is also the color of mystery and invokes a sense of the unknown. People who choose black as their favorite color are often artistic and sensitive. While these people aren't introverts, they are careful with the details of their lives and do not share easily with others preferring to wait until they are comfortable to share their feelings.

Well this seems to fit me well, except I'd never describe myself as mysterious, so i continued my search. The next sight said: Dignified and impressive without being showy, Black people want to give the appearance of mystery, but their preference may also indicate a suppression of desires and worldly aims, suggesting hidden depths and inner longings.

HAHAHA! I would never identify myself as dignified or impressive. I am down home and earthy! i am also very bold in going after what i want and am not one to suppress anything!

On i looked to find a sight claiming my favorite color was that of sexual perverts, sex offenders, and the sadistic and masochistic! HA! I am certainly none of those things.

The next sight presented like a quiz. It informed me that: you are mysterious, and you like to listen to rock music. You like to sleep in the dark, and you like to party. Well I do love rock and like a dark room to sleep in. The only mystery is how I could ever be perceived as a mystery!

The next sight just gave me a list of descriptive words: Elegant---Timeless --- Stylish --- Sophisticated---Overpowering --- Intimidating --- Dominant---Perfectionist --- Controlling --- Competent I would use almost none of these words to describe me, except maybe dominant, perfectionist, and controlling.

The final site might be the closest yet to reality."If black is your color of choice you are classy person who others perceive as powerful. You are highly sexual though committed to relationships. Emotions and feelings can have great depth within you and you can often times be dramatic. You may find yourself melancholy without you knowing the cause but it can often times be connected with your habit to make decisions unconsciously without thinking them through. You are elegant and stylish on the outside but can be angry and fearful on the inside. Ignorance to the harsh reality of life is something you prefer and seriousness is a trait you live by." Well I certainly am not very serious half the time! Though I am a realist by nature and I don't see myself as classy.

gingermiller531 said...

My favorite colors are aqua, sky blue, lime green, sage green, red, and burnt orange. I'm also into black and silver. I'm hard pressed to pick one as the favorite. Not sure what these colors say about me, but there you have it. These are the colors in the pallet that I gravitate towards the most and fill up my wardrobe and home with.

Livestream

Watch live streaming video from keynoteconnection at livestream.com

Billy Graham Early Years Message

Just How Big Small Can Be - By 1000 Generations

Power of Prayer with Coach Dungy

Indianapolis Video

Caring for Baby Bunnies

Caring for Bunnies 2

Caring for Bunnies 3