Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Question of the Week: What's your mission?

A new friend of mine is inspiring me to blog more. She has challenged me with a question of the week to take place on Mondays. So here is the first one. "What is your mission?"

I am going to answer that for myself, sharing it with you on this blog, then ask you to either comment with your own answer or giving a link to the answer on your blog. This exercise should challenge our minds and our motivations, while allowing us to share our life experiences and lessons for the benefit of all.

For me, personally, my "Mission" is to become a more Godly woman while sharing the love of God with others. It is a mission of eternal importance. That translates into my NEW IDENTITY ... I have an internet and missionary identity of Ellen5e.

That's it "Ellen(five)'E'". Ellen is my birth given name. The Five 'E's are what God has revealed to me as key to what I am to focus on while using my God-given talents of communication through art, music, photography, word and deed.


The Five E's are:
1) EXALT God -- worshiping, praising, proclaiming God's goodness
2) EQUIP the Saints -- study the Word, full armor of God, learn new skills & pass on what I learn
3) EDIFY the Body -- help fulfill needs, build up and encourage
4) EXAMINE myself -- strive to keep myself in line with God's plan
5) EVANGELIZE the World -- take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the World.

So I use these five "E"s to gauge whether I am making the best use of my time. It's sort of like a shortcut to help me remember what I believe are the goals of my earthly mission.

Well, that's my "mission". Now, would you be kind enough to share your mission with me? I'd really enjoy hearing what drives you forward.

That is your mission, should you choose to accept it! This message may self destruct in ten seconds... nine... eight ....

No comments:

Livestream

Watch live streaming video from keynoteconnection at livestream.com

Billy Graham Early Years Message

Just How Big Small Can Be - By 1000 Generations

Power of Prayer with Coach Dungy

Indianapolis Video

Caring for Baby Bunnies

Caring for Bunnies 2

Caring for Bunnies 3