Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Winter Wonders



We are definitely in the throws of winter now. Twelve and a half inches fell on Indianapolis' far eastside on Tuesday into Wednesday. I don't know for sure, but I think we received more snow in that twenty four hours than we did all of last winter!

The snow was pretty to look at, but quite a chore to deal with. I shoveled one of our two driveways, the front walk to the house and the sidewalk next to the street, only to have it blow and snow it to the point where it looked as though I hadn't done anything.

This first photo is of our lamp post in the front yard. With all the snow it reminds me a bit of the Lamp post in the Chronicles of Narnia.

Even better was the view of our picnic table on the back deck. Heaped up with pure mounds of snow I couldn't help but ask "Picnic anyone?" and "Now, where's that grill?"

OH DEER!! Here is a photo of a deer that I captured with my camera. She was all nestled into a thicket near Coffee Creek in Chesterton, Indiana. After we went to church, she was lying in an area where we had spotted her standing earlier.

As of this posting, there are still several thousand homes without electricity due to heavy ice damage in southern Indiana. I am so thankful that we didn't have that mess. Kentucky has so many trees and power lines down that utility people are coming in from other states to help get them back up and running.

Here at home, I am thanking God that we have heat and no tree damage. Only 42 more days 'til Spring!! But then, who's counting . . . I AM!!

No comments:

Livestream

Watch live streaming video from keynoteconnection at livestream.com

Billy Graham Early Years Message

Just How Big Small Can Be - By 1000 Generations

Power of Prayer with Coach Dungy

Indianapolis Video

Caring for Baby Bunnies

Caring for Bunnies 2

Caring for Bunnies 3